Friday, November 17, 2006

So What's New?

I would first like to apologize for not updating my blog this week. I have been very busy with exams and work. It was an interesting week. I have been contacted by three recruiters from other companies with high salaries and better positions than I currently have. I flat out refused the first two, but the third one out of curiosity asked what they were offering. Turns out they were willing to pay me $16K more than what I am making right now. I had to decline for various reasons. First of all, I love the place I work at. Sure, it gets frustrating at times and I even think about quitting but I guess I have become comfortable there. Secondly, I do not want to make such drastic choices before I finish my degrees. But it was good to realize what I am worth in the job market.

No comments: