Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thinking of Buying A Gift Card This Holiday Season?

Many people will purchase gift cards this holiday season. Why not make a few bonus points on your credit card for that? There are certain credit cards that offer double to 5 points for purchases made at grocery stores, drugstores and gas stations. So when you go out to purchase gift cards remember to use the right card!

I personally buy gift cards whenever I have to go shop somewhere. For example, if I want to buying something from Home Depot, I buy the appropriate amount gift card from a local grocery store thus earning 5 points on my credit card rather than the 1 point I would have earned had I used the credit card for the purchase. Keep in mind, if you end up returning the item, you will be stuck with a gift card or store credit.

No comments: